Egg and ham pitta
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 6mins
- 1 medium British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 wholemeal pitta bread
- 2 slices wafer thin ham
- 6 slices of cucumber
- cherry tomatoes to serve
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the egg cook, pop the pitta in a toaster or under the grill until it puffs up, use a knife to cut it in half and open up the pocket.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. When cold, peel away the shells. Chop the egg and mix in the mayonnaise.
- Spread the mayonnaise inside the pitta pockets, top with the ham and cucumber slices. Cut each in half to make 4 pieces. Serve with cherry tomatoes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mackerel and fennel salad
This is a really tasty salad combining great tastes of mackerel and fennel.
Egg and avocado sandwich
Enjoy this egg and avocado open sandwich. It's easy to make.
Spicy egg salad
Salad with a kick - this spicy egg salad is sure to be a hit.
Coronation Egg & Bacon Sandwich
An egg-citing twist on Coronation chicken sandwich!