Egg, quinoa and kale salad
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 15mins
- 100g quinoa, rinsed
- 100g kale, any tough stems removed
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1 avocado, skin removed and destoned
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 12-15 minutes until tender. Add the kale to the pan for the final three minutes. Drain, then rinse under cold water to cool and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, add the eggs and simmer for seven minutes. Drain under cold water, peel and cut into quarters. Add to the bowl with the quinoa and kale.
- Slice the avocado thinly and add to the bowl along with the pomegranate seeds. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey and garlic with some seasoning in a small jug. Then pour over the quinoa salad and toss gently to combine.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: