Giant cous-cous salad with soft boiled eggs, beetroots and greens
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 150g giant cous-cous, cooked according to instructions on packaging
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Olive oil
- 2 beetroots, cooked, diced
- 80g of chard/cavolo nero, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 40g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Cress or rocket leaves
- 2 Large British Lion eggs, soft boiled
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. On a medium size frying pan heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the cavolo nero/chard for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a large mixing bowl, season the cous-cous with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Transfer onto two large plates or bowls.
3. Top the cous-cous with cavolo nero, diced beetroots, pumpkin seeds and finally soft-boiled eggs and cress.
4. If you’re after a richer meal use the mustard dressing. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon over the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...