Giant cous-cous salad with soft boiled eggs, beetroots and greens
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 150g giant cous-cous, cooked according to instructions on packaging
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Olive oil
- 2 beetroots, cooked, diced
- 80g of chard/cavolo nero, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 40g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Cress or rocket leaves
- 2 Large British Lion eggs, soft boiled
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1. On a medium size frying pan heat up a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the cavolo nero/chard for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. In a large mixing bowl, season the cous-cous with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Transfer onto two large plates or bowls.
3. Top the cous-cous with cavolo nero, diced beetroots, pumpkin seeds and finally soft-boiled eggs and cress.
4. If you’re after a richer meal use the mustard dressing. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon over the salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Low calorie egg and watercress focaccia
This sandwich makes an ideal pre-exercise meal due to its high content of carbohydrate and protein (from the egg)...
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
Low calorie easy scrambled eggs (microwave recipe)
This easy low calorie recipe for scrambled egg is a great breakfast or lunch for when you're watching your...