Green eggs and ham with spinach
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- A dash of milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g spinach, watercress and rocket salad leaves
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices wafer thin ham
- Beat the eggs in a jug with the milk and plenty of seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan and add the oil.
- Roughly chop the salad leaves and add to the pan along with the spring onion and chilli and sauté for 1 minute. Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides until golden and place on warm plates.
- Pour in the eggs and cook over a gentle heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Spoon the eggs onto the toast and serve with the ham.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Eggs with salmon and brioche
Eggs with salmon and brioche - a delicious brunch or lunch recipe that is quick to prepare. A refreshing...
Gizzi Erskine's Indian scrambled eggs
Why not spice up your breakfast routine by trying Gizzi Erskine’s Indian take on classic scrambled eggs? Made with...
How to make scrambled egg
It’s easy to make amazing scrambled eggs in as little as five minutes with only a handful of ingredients....