Green eggs and ham with spinach
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 4 British Lion eggs
- A dash of milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g spinach, watercress and rocket salad leaves
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices wafer thin ham
- Beat the eggs in a jug with the milk and plenty of seasoning. Heat a non-stick pan and add the oil.
- Roughly chop the salad leaves and add to the pan along with the spring onion and chilli and sauté for 1 minute. Meanwhile, toast the bread on both sides until golden and place on warm plates.
- Pour in the eggs and cook over a gentle heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Spoon the eggs onto the toast and serve with the ham.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Piperade with eggs
Recipe from Take a Box of Eggs Nutritional analysis per portion: Energy: 213kcals; Protein: 10.8g; Total fat: 10.6g; Sat...
Curried scrambled eggs with spinach and smoked haddock
A quick and tasty recipe - ideal for a lunch for two - by Sophie Wright.