Haddock egg Florentine
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20mins
- Cook: 20mins
A delicious dinner that is perfect for a family
- 225g bag young spinach leaves
- 50g (1 3/4oz) butter
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 x 175g (6oz) smoked haddock fillets
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300ml (1/2 pint) milk
- 50g (1 3/4oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180 C/350 F.
- Empty the spinach into a large pan, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Drain well in a sieve, pressing down with a wooden spoon to remove the excess juices. Add 15g (1/2oz) butter and season to taste. Arrange four heaps of spinach in a shallow ovenproof dish. Top with sliced tomatoes, then the haddock fillets on top of the spinach. Cover with buttered foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining butter, flour and milk, in a medium pan and bring to the boil, whisking all the time, until the mixture boils and thickens. Cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat. Stir in half the cheese and set aside
- Preheat the grill. Top each fillet with a poached egg, pour over the sauce and top with the remaining cheese. Cook for 2 minutes under a hot grill until golden brown.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Garlic & mushroom bruschetta
Quick and easy to prepare this brushetta recipe makes an excellent starter when you're entertaining.
Perfect breakfast for women
This is one for the ladies out there who are looking for a delicious protein-packed and heavenly breakfast. The...