- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Dried chilli flakes, generous pinch
- Small bunch thyme leaves plucked
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 4 tortillas, warmed according to packet instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the onion, pepper and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened but not coloured. Then add the chilli flakes, most of the thyme leaves and tomatoes together with 100ml (3½ fl oz) of water. Mix well and cook for 5–7 minutes or until thickened and reduced. Season with salt.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Crack the eggs into the pan and fry until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop the warm tortillas onto serving plates, add a generous spoonful of cooked tomato sauce, top with a fried egg, garnish with the remaining thyme leaves and black pepper and serve.