- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
For British Egg Week 2011.
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 150g chorizo, cubed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 4 small soft flour tortillas
- In a dry pan fry the chorizo for 1-2 minutes then add the onion and chilli and garlic and continue to cook for a couple of minutes, add the tomatoes, paprika and sugar and cook for a further few minutes. Make 4 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs, cover with a lid and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the whites are set.
- Make some tortilla baskets by placing a tortilla over an oven proof bowl and bake in a pre-heated oven set at 160C for 8-10 minutes, being careful not to brown the tortilla too much. Leave to cool while still on the bowl then place on a serving plate and add the eggs, some sauce, a scattering of chopped coriander, the cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Masala scrambled eggs
Try this spicy scramble for a tasty and filling meal in minutes.
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...
Gizzi Erskine's huevos rancheros
Gizzi says: "One of my favourite brunch recipes must be huevos rancheros, the classic Mexican dish of corn tortillas...
One pan rosti with chorizo and eggs
One pan meals couldn't be easier to prepare.