The mightiest egg mayo sandwich
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
- 6 medium British Lion eggs
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- small bunch of chives, snipped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick slices of wholemeal bread with seeds
- soft butter to spread
- Place the eggs in a medium pan of cold water. Place on the hob and slowly bring to the boil. When boiling begins simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whilst the eggs cook, place the bread on a board and spread butter on one side of each slice.
- Drain the eggs, rinse in cold water and tap the shells all over, leave to cool. when cold, peel away the shells.
- Reserve two eggs. Roughly chop the rest and place in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, chives and seasoning and gently mix.
- Divide half the egg mayonnaise between two slices of bread, place one of the eggs in the centre of each, then cover with the rest of the egg mayo. Top with the slices of bread and cut in half. Wrap for a feast on the go.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mackerel and fennel salad
This is a really tasty salad combining great tastes of mackerel and fennel.
Cheese and ham eggy bread
Cheese & ham eggy bread recipe
Egg and cress dip
Sick of sandwiches? Then pack the kids off with a pot of this and some pitta breads and vegetables...