Omelette with rocket, ham and sunblushed tomato
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 2mins
Whip up this Parma ham omelette which is perfect as a summer dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Slice up some Parma ham together with sweet sun blushed tomatoes and slightly spicy rocket for an extra kick.
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g/2oz rocket leaves
- 4 slices Parma or Serrano ham, torn into pieces
- 50g/2oz sun blush tomatoes
- Beat the eggs with 30ml/2tbsp water and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt half the butter in a non-stick frying pan, when foaming, add half the eggs and cook over a medium heat. Use a spatula to push the set egg towards the centre of the pan, so the uncooked egg runs to re-coat the base of the pan. Continue to cook like this until no more egg runs.
- Sprinkle over half the rocket, ham and tomatoes and serve. Repeat to make a second omelette in the same way.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Feta, spinach and caramelised onion omelette
Top chef Mark Sargeant gives us his luxurious take on a classic omelette, using crumbly feta, spinach and caramelised...
Spanish tortilla with spicy tomato sauce
A classic egg recipe given a spicy twist with a delicious tomato sauce.
Forget the pastry quiche
Perfect as a healthy lunch or light dinner, forget the pastry quiche has all the flavour of a classic...
Eggy Mexican quesadillas
Quesadillas with a twist! This version uses thin omelettes instead of tortillas to create this tasty Mexican recipe.