Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and asparagus omelette that’s nutritious and indulgent.
- 100g bundle of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 15g butter
- 50g smoked salmon
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cut the asparagus in half lengthways, toss in the olive oil and seasoning to taste. Lay the asparagus on the hot griddle pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning once until the asparagus is charred and tender. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in an medium frying pan, when sizzling pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 minute until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus and salmon over the omelette and fold onto a plate. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.
Cook’s tip If you don’t have a griddle pan, you could oven-roast the asparagus at 200C/Fan/180C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe: