Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 10mins
If you’re looking for a light, healthy meal then why not try an egg-based favourite; a smoked salmon and asparagus omelette that’s nutritious and indulgent.
- 100g bundle of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 15g butter
- 50g smoked salmon
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cut the asparagus in half lengthways, toss in the olive oil and seasoning to taste. Lay the asparagus on the hot griddle pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning once until the asparagus is charred and tender. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in an medium frying pan, when sizzling pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 minute until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus and salmon over the omelette and fold onto a plate. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.
Cook’s tip If you don’t have a griddle pan, you could oven-roast the asparagus at 200C/Fan/180C/400F/Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Chilli cheese and jalapeño omelette
Go Mexican with this jalapeno omelette, a fiery and filling dish that’s bursting with flavour. Add your own salsa...
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...