Thai chicken omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 2mins
- Cook: 20mins
Indulge in this delightful oriental omelette, with tender chicken breasts seasoned with the spicy warmth of ginger, crunchy sweet carrots, coriander and garlic punch for extra flavour and long lasting satisfaction.
- 8 large British Lion eggs
- 3tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5cm (1-inch) piece root ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 75g (2 3/4 oz) beansprouts
- 1tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tsp caster sugar
- Beat the eggs together with the coriander and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a board, cover with cling film and bash with a rolling pin until 1cm (1/2-inch) thick. Cut into thin strips.
- Heat half the oil and fry the chicken over a high heat for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the remaining ingredients (except the oil) and stir fry for 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the frying pan, add a little more oil and when hot pour in a quarter of the egg mixture.
- Cook for a few seconds until the base has set, then use a spatula to push the cooked egg towards the centre of the pan, allowing the uncooked egg to run and re-cover the base.
- Repeat until there is no more runny egg. Continue to cook the omelette for 1-2 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat these stages to make four omelettes. Spoon the chicken mixture into the centre of the omelettes, fold over the edges and turn over to make neat square parcels. Serve warm.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
An Indian take on the classic omelette. Made with traditional aromatic ingredients, this fantastic low-calorie main meal is bursting...
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This low calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making it...
"Just like a normal pizza, you can add your favourite toppings, but I've gone for something simple."