Tom Daley’s poached egg bowl with spinach and tomato salad
- Serves: 1
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 10mins
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tbsp parsley (flat leaf or curly)
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for toasting the rye bread crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 slice rye bread, torn into very small pieces
- 30g baby spinach, washed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 slice of rye bread, toasted
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Finely slice the red onion. Roughly chop the parsley. Mix together with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the red wine vinegar, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the crushed garlic with the rye bread crumbs. Heat 1-2 tsp olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and rye crumbs, season and toast for 2 minutes until crispy and fragrant. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, turn down the heat to a gentle simmer and slowly crack the eggs in, one at a time. Simmer for 2 minutes exactly. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put the baby spinach into the bottom of a bowl, top with most of the tomato salad, both poached eggs and finish off with the remaining tomato salad and the garlic rye crumbs. Season again with salt and pepper and eat immediately with a slice of toasted rye bread on the side.
- You could substitute boiled eggs for poached eggs, assemble in a tupperware container and take to work for lunch or to the gym for a post workout snack.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Garlic & mushroom bruschetta
Quick and easy to prepare this brushetta recipe makes an excellent starter when you're entertaining.
Mackerel and fennel salad
This is a really tasty salad combining great tastes of mackerel and fennel.
Warm lentil and egg salad
Perfect for refuelling this meal provides high amounts of both carbohydrate and protein needed for speeding glycogen recovery and...
Warming and flavoursome, this comfort food is sure to be popular with the family and is suitable for vegetarians.