Annabel Karmel's Spanish omelette
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 25mins
- Cook: 7mins
Food writer Annabel Karmel has developed this delicious version of a classic recipe for British Lion eggs.
- 100g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the new potatoes, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes for about 12 minutes, until tender. Drain, leave to cool and then cut into slices.
- Heat the oil in an 18-20 cm non stick frying pan. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the chopped courgette and sauté for about 6 minutes. When the courgette is cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the sliced new potatoes.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk, Parmesan cheese and a little seasoning. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes or until the eggs are set underneath. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Place the frying pan under the grill (with the handle sticking out if not metal) and cook for about 3 minutes until golden and set. When the omelette is cold, cut into wedges and wrap in foil.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.