Cheese & mushroom pizza omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 5mins
Quick and easy to prepare, you don't have to wait for the takeaway to arrive with this delicious cheese and mushroom pizza omelette, a more healthy choice at just 325 calories per portion. We have lots of other easy meals for you to try, so get cracking.
- 150g/5oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 tbsp ready made tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 1 (195g) pack mozzarella cheese, drained and diced
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-4mins or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together with the oregano and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan, add the eggs and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 mins. During this time, use a spatula to push the cooked egg into the centre of the omelette, then tip the pan so that the raw egg fills the gap and repeat until no runny egg remains and the base is golden.
- Place the omelette under a hot grill and cook for 1-2 mins or until the top has set. Spoon over the tomato sauce, top with the cheese and mushrooms. Season with more black pepper and a little salt if liked. Pop back under the grill and cook for 2 mins or until the cheese is pale golden. Serve in wedges with salad.
Cook's tip: If the tomato sauce you are using seems a little runny, drain off the excess liquid in a sieve before spooning on top of the pizza. If you like, add 1 tsp of dried chilli flakes to the eggs before beating. You can vary the topping to suit your taste, all the usual pizza toppings such as pepperoni, peppers and olive work well on this yummy supper dish.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Salmon and watercress frittata
A frittata is an excellent way to combine a variety of different ingredients into one delicious meal. We use...
Watercress and salmon omelette
Got two minutes to spare? Grab some sweet, peppery watercress and succulent pieces of juicy red salmon - combine...
Try cooking a classic omelette in the microwave - it'll take less than five minutes.