Low calorie feta, pepper and olive tortilla
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 5mins
- Cook: 8mins
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 50g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 50g pitted black olives in brine, drained
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the oil, onion and pepper in a micro-proof round dish, cover with an upturned plate and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes, stir half way through the cooking time.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives, cheese and parsley. Beat the eggs with seasoning and pour into the dish, mix well. Cover with an upturned micro-proof plate and cook HIGH for 1min and 30 seconds. Stir well, pushing the cooked egg into the middle of the dish, shake to level.
- Cover with the plate and cook on HIGH for a further 2minutes. Cover and leave to stand for a further 3 minutes or until the egg has all set. If liked, brown under a hot grill. Remove from the dish and cut into wedges. Serve warm with salad or wrap in baking paper and foil and serve cold on a picnic.
N.B. All timings based on an 850W Microwave, adjust according to other wattages.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
How to make an omelette
Healthy, quick and perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, omelettes are one of the most popular and versatile dishes....
Spiced vegetable omelette
This spiced vegetable omelette is quick to prepare and makes an ideal meal for vegetarians.
Smoked salmon and broccoli frittata
This l ow calorie recipe for smoked salmon and broccoli frittata is quick to prepare and very tasty, making...