Tom Daley’s Tasty Egg Bake
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 40mins
Cook time: 35 - 40 minutes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 150g chorizo, chopped
- 300g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 150g curly kale or cavolo nero, shredded
- 6 large British Lion eggs
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 180C (fan oven).
2. Cut each potato into 4-6 even sized pieces. Cover with cold water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes then drain and cool slightly.
3. Toss the potatoes in a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper put into a baking dish approximately 30cm x 25cm along with the chorizo pieces and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Add the trimmed broccoli, garlic and kale, mix together and bake for a further 10 minutes.
5. Crack the eggs on top and return to the oven for 6-7 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
6. Garnish with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Broccoli & feta strata
Enjoy as a fantastic family-sized side or portioned for a homely main course - our broccoli and feta strata...
Meat doesn’t always have to be the star ingredient in a dish and our vegetable bake proves just that...