Annabel Karmel's ratatouille omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This quick and easy omelette, courtesy of Annabel Karmel, is perfect for the kids.
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Half aubergine, sliced
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- Half red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- A knob of butter
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tomato deseeded and diced
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 30g gruyere cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and aubergine and gently fry for 5 to 6 minutes until the aubergine and onion are starting to soften. Add the courgette and pepper and continue to fry for another 5 minutes, turning the vegetables. Add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the tomatoes and season. Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are just soft. Add the basil.
- Melt the butter in a small omelette pan. Mix the eggs and milk together and season. Pour into the pan. Smooth the vegetables on top.
- Cook on the hob over a medium heat until the edges are firm but the middle is still slightly runny. Top with the tomato and cheeses.
- Place under a hot grill for about 4 minutes or until lightly golden and the middle is cooked.
- Slide onto a plate. Serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Mushroom and goat's cheese tortilla
Tortillas make a great main meal for the family and this one is deliciously flavoured using goat's cheese and...
Fresh crab omelette
Try this seafood delight with great, fresh flavours. A simple and delicious protein-filled recipe complete with the soft, delicate,...
Popular how-to guides
How to make an omelette
Simply follow the steps to create a fluffy and light basic omelette.
How to poach an egg
Knowing how to poach an egg is easy to master, and there are many different methods to try.
How to boil an egg
A list of easy to follow instructions for getting great boiled eggs every time.
How to make scrambled egg
Our guide to perfect, fluffy scrambled eggs in a pan, or try the microwave scrambled egg recipe.