Annabel Karmel's ratatouille omelette
- Serves: 4
- Prep: 10mins
- Cook: 20mins
This quick and easy omelette, courtesy of Annabel Karmel, is perfect for the kids.
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Half aubergine, sliced
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- Half red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- A knob of butter
- 4 British Lion eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tomato deseeded and diced
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 30g gruyere cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and aubergine and gently fry for 5 to 6 minutes until the aubergine and onion are starting to soften. Add the courgette and pepper and continue to fry for another 5 minutes, turning the vegetables. Add the garlic and fry for one minute. Add the tomatoes and season. Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are just soft. Add the basil.
- Melt the butter in a small omelette pan. Mix the eggs and milk together and season. Pour into the pan. Smooth the vegetables on top.
- Cook on the hob over a medium heat until the edges are firm but the middle is still slightly runny. Top with the tomato and cheeses.
- Place under a hot grill for about 4 minutes or until lightly golden and the middle is cooked.
- Slide onto a plate. Serve with salad.
Click on the stars to rate this recipe:
You might also like
Egg and spinach wraps
A portable feast on the way to school. Boil the eggs the night before so they're all ready to...
Annabel Karmel's dip dip chickpea and carrot pancakes
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Served nice and runny with these super pancakes please! The...
Annabel Karmel's egg fried rice with chicken
Young cooks will love this recipe for egg fried rice with chicken and sweetcorn.
Egg in a toast with tomato and feta
A runny egg in crispy toast will be your new favorite thing in the mornings! Chop up some tomatoes...